Context & Challenge
Mediahuis (Mediahuis – Publishing, distribution, printing, TV, radio and online media company) is an international media group with a range of strong brands and operations in several European countries. Their Content Management System supports over 60 different brands, each with their own specific publishing requirements. In order to cope with new insights and demands, Mediahuis decided to install and migrate to a new Content Management System. To provide the most news on the fly, they selected and installed a Digital Asset Management system. A seamless integration between the CMS and DAM was a must-have. Besides migration of the legacy data, the integration called for senior architectural skills. An additional challenge was keeping the different development teams architecturally aligned.
The migration to the new platform had a high priority, which put additional pressure on the team.
The challenges for this project were:
- Keeping the current legacy Content Management System stable and performant until all brands were migrated to the new CMS.
- Installing and roll-out of a new CMS.
- Migrating the brands from the legacy to the new CMS.
- Introducing a Digital Asset Management
- Integrating the DAM into the CMS so that end-users can create and publish content seamlessly.
- Aligning web-developers of different scrum teams towards a common, stable architecture.
- Keeping the overall and detailed technical architecture at the highest level possible.
Key aspects of the delivered solution
PENCIL42 Delivery Team is responsible for:
- The overall Technical Solution Architecture including quality control.
- Defining the quality attributes of the technical architecture that teams must comply with.
- Setting up and monitoring the SDLC for web development.
- The data migration from the legacy system to the new CMS.
- Integration of the DAM within the CMS.
- Monitoring the SAAS platform.
- Cloudplatform: AWS
- AWS Services
- SaaS CMS and DAM platform: CUE
- Cloudflare Workers®
- Monitoring: Datadog