Pencil42 is a dynamic and innovative software development company at the forefront of cutting-edge technology. We are passionate about creating world-class software solutions that solve complex problems and enhance the lives of our clients. Our team is driven by a commitment to excellence, creativity, and a passion for staying ahead in the ever-evolving software landscape.
YOUR CHALLENGE AS A SOFTWARE ENGINEER:
We are seeking a talented and experienced Software Architect to join our team. As a Software Architect at Pencil42, you will play a crucial role in designing, developing, and implementing scalable and reliable software systems. You will work closely with cross-functional teams, providing technical leadership and ensuring that our software solutions meet the highest standards of quality, performance, and security.
- As a software architect, you work together with digital analysts, UX designers, subject matter experts, and other roles. Your role is generally not one of deep expertise, but more related to herding cats in the same direction.
- You translate functional and non-functional requirements into an overall architecture.
- You steer a team of developers towards using best practices to deliver software solutions. You do not dwell in ivory towers, but you still regularly write code and work together with developers to understand the challenges they face. For the more challenging parts of software architecture or newer solutions or techniques, you build a proof-of-concept and transfer that knowledge to a development team.
- You work with people from operations to deploy and support quality software.
- Develop and maintain architectural guidelines and standards for the development team.
- Identify potential technical issues and propose solutions to optimize performance and scalability.
- Evaluate emerging technologies and recommend their integration into our software solutions.
- Conduct regular architectural reviews and support the team in troubleshooting complex technical challenges.
- Ensure the security and data integrity of our software systems.
- You coach and teach more junior colleagues.
- Master’s degree in computer science or a related field.
- Proven experience as a Software Architect in a software development environment.
- You have worked on at least one large-scale software project.
- You have broad experience in building software. You may be an expert with in-depth knowledge in 1 or more aspects, but you also have a helicopter view of what it takes to develop software in an enterprise environment.
- Experience with cloud platforms (e.g., AWS, Azure, GCP).
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- You can work in a team. Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- You are pragmatic and practical in the knowledge that there is no single road to good software, but that circumstances force you to adapt and that requirements are king.
- You are not afraid to put on your boots and go to work programming the more complex parts of an architecture yourself.
- You have experience with integrating different software solutions and have an opinion about different methods of integration, point-to-point, service bus, events, etc.…
- You have survived several development frameworks and have a strong opinion on if and when you should use one. The same goes for software development processes – you are a scarred veteran of one or more out of agile, scrum, Kanban, waterfall, etc.… Whatever the process, you can adapt and focus on delivering the architecture that best suits the requirements.
Why becoming a Pencileer?
- The opportunity to have a meaningful job where you can make a difference.
- Attractive salary package:
- Group insurance and hospitalization insurance because we care about you.
- Forget about the miles: we provide you with a company car and a national fuel card.
- 32 days of annual leave, because life isn’t all about working (20 + 12 ADV)
- Flexible hours and possibility of regular work from home.
- Strong offer of professional training courses.
- Opportunities for professional growth and development.
- The right combination between your well-being and prosperity.
If you are passionate about software architecture, have a track record of designing robust and scalable systems, and are excited about the opportunity to work with a forward-thinking team, we encourage you to apply.
"*" indicates required fields